Apply for Admission
How to Apply
Application to California Northstate University MHA program is made through HAMPCAS, the Health Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application Service.
Create an account to start your application.
Add "CALIFORNIA NORTHSTATE UNIVERSITY Master of Healthcare Administration" under the Add Program tab.
You are encouraged to attend one of our Open House Information Sessions.
Submit your application through the HAMPCAS system before the application deadline.
For current CNU students
If you are currently enrolled in a different program at CNU and interested in also getting an MHA to enhance your marketability and upward mobility and be prepared to build and lead the future of healthcare, please contact us for information regarding benefits, course articulation opportunities and our convenient schedules, and to make an appointment for a virtual or in-person meeting with our team. < firstname.lastname@example.org >
Spring 2023 Application deadline:
International Students- December 23, 2022
Domestic Students- January 31, 2023
1. Bachelor’s Degree: from an accredited, four-year equivalent program with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
2. Official Transcripts: Your academic records from each college-level institution you have attended are required. Transcripts can be ordered under Academic History > Colleges Attended. Canadian applicants and all other foreign applicants must submit a foreign coursework evaluation by one of the Foreign Evaluation Vendors. CNU accepts evaluations from ECE, IERF, WES, and Education Perspectives. Here is how to send your evaluation report to HAMPCAS.
3. Official GRE/GMAT score, or a waiver: Students who have obtained a graduate degree from an accredited institution, or are currently enrolled in a doctoral program at an accredited institution, can be waived for the GRE/GMAT requirement.
*Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are temporarily waiving the GRE/GMAT requirement for all MHA applicants through Fall 2022.
Please contact: email@example.com for waiver consideration. Once you have received a waiver letter, you can leave the "standardized tests" section as "you opted not to add any standardized tests" unless you are an international applicant.
4. Official TOEFL/IELTS scores for international applicants
a. TOEFL 80-Internet based
b. IELTS- 6.5 minimum
TOEFL/IELTS can be waived if you have studied full-time for at least one academic year in a post-secondary academic program in good academic standing at an accredited institution where the instructional language is English.
5. Letters of Recommendation: At least two letters must be submitted from faculty members or from an employer (preferably direct supervisor/manager/VP) who are knowledgeable about your academic capabilities, employment (if applicable), and interests. Go to Supporting Information > Evaluations. You will be asked to list three names and contact information for those references. They will each receive instructions for uploading their evaluation/letter of recommendation. We expect to hear from at least two of them.
6. Statement of Purpose: Please attach your personal essay under Program Materials > (this program) > Documents tab > Required Documents > Personal Essay.
7. Current Resume: Please attach your CV/Resume under Supporting Information > Documents.
8. Application Fee: $115
9. A Zoom interview with the faculty committee: We will contact you to schedule.